Types of Motor Car Policies
- Motor Car Insurance is financial protection to the owners of motor vehicles from: Loss or Damage
- Legal liability to third parties or passenger for death, bodily injury or damage to property arising from ownership and operation of vehicle.
- Private Car
- Commercial Vehicle
COMPREHENSIVE (OWN DAMAGE AND THEFT) COVERAGE
Pays for loss or damage to the Insured's vehicle including declared accessories due to:
COMPULSORY THIRD PARTY LIABILITY (CTPL)
- Collision or overturning due to accident or consequent upon mechanical breakdown or wear and tear;
- Fire, external explosion, self-ignition or lightning;
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft;
- Malicious act;
- While in transit by road, rail, in land waterway, lift or elevator.
Pay all sums necessary to discharge liability of the Insured in respect of bodily injury and/or death to any third
party in an accident caused by or arising out of the use of the scheduled vehicle. This is the mandatory insurance
requirement for vehicle registration purposes.
EXCESS THIRD PARTY LIABILITY - BODILY INJURY (ETPL-BI)
Provides coverage similar to that of CTPL, but this cover is in excess of what is required by law.
VOLUNTARY THIRD PARTY LIABILITY - PROPERTY DAMAGE (VTPL-PD)
Protects the Insured against liability in respect of damage to third party property in an accident caused by or
arising out of the use of the Insured vehicle.
MOTOR VEHICLE PASSENGER PERSONAL ACCIDENT (MVPPA)
Covers accidental death or bodily injury of the driver and passengers caused by an accident while they are riding in,
boarding or alighting from the Insured vehicle.
COMPLETE ASSISTANCE FOR ROADSIDE EMERGENCIES (CARE)
Extends to include roadside assistance, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for Private Vehicles up to 10 years old and for
Commercial Vehicles with comprehensive coverage provided they are (1) not over 10 years old and (2) not used for
transporting goods or carrying of passengers for hire or reward